Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Unfolding


The Unfolding - acrylic on canvas, 36 x 36 inches

Done during worship on March 15th, I felt the Lord saying that we are being sent. So this represents us, God's people, bringing treasures from heaven to earth. Hence, we are flying out the doors, represented by the sides. The colors are new and quite uncomfortable to me, so I struggled a lot afterwards with the painting. It has been suggested that when I struggle painting, it reflects the struggle involved in the prophecy. And it is often a struggle, not only to grasp heaven's vision, but to then "do." Interestingly, my good friend sees this painting as an unfolding from heaven, with treasures in the wings, reflecting, I think, the same vision but from a different perspective. Her title wins. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one reminds me of the mystery of God being revealed according to revelation.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes - it is "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings." Prov 25:2 We keep seeking and exploring!