Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Forth


Spring Forth - acrylic on canvas, 36 x 36 inches

The first inspiration I received for this painting was dreams and hope. I see the Glory of the Lord in the orange streaming from heaven with the green in the middle as growth. I think the Lord seeds a dream in us, waits for us to sow into it, and then blesses us! After feeling like the colors were to be "spring-y" and full of hope, I felt Him show me blue splots, top middle, (revelation) and the tree.

In revising, I emphasized the tree more and added much more color and excitement to the painting over all. I've finished the edges and it is done!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't wait to see what this painting ends up like. It reminds me of an oasis in a desert- the living water there for us when we need it most.

Anonymous said...

This one reminds me of the parable of the "Fig Tree".

Anonymous said...

An oasis in the desert - makes me think of Jonah 4:5 where God grew a tree to shade him in the desert. The Lord so often shades us! Hoping the fig tree is a fruitful one!